Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Prophetic Dream

I had a dream in the mid 1980's that I still remember vividly.  It was one of the very few prophetic dreams I can remember.

I remember seeing a view of a city at night, as if from a high vantage point, and a voice calling out so loudly that I believe the whole earth could hear it.

The thirty-year reign of Sardonis begins!

Suddenly there were colorful beams of light (like lasers) reaching from the sky to the tops of each household.  There were multiple beams of light, as if each house were connected to multiple points in the sky.  There was a low-pitched electric hum as each beam would appear,  sort of like switching on a light saber in a Star Wars movie.  That was a terrifying sight.

The next scene in my dream was a store selling all kinds of entertainment, mostly magazines and video tapes (it was the 80's after all).  I remember seeing a man there who had a very worldly charm, who seemed to own all stores of this nature, and realizing that this was the one called Sardonis.  That also terrified me.

I recalled that dream again today and decided to search around for the word Sardonis on the Internet.  Most of the hits I got were for a death metal band from the Netherlands named SardoniS, whose My Space page is Sardonis666.  I didn't go there because they seemed to be satanic (well, duh).  OK that was enough searching.

So what could this possibly mean?  I remember mentioning this dream to a few friends when I first had it.  All I got was a "huh" response.  Hmm, interesting.  I guess I didn't know any Daniels at the time, or maybe they didn't want to tell me what they thought it meant.

So I don't put any stock in knowing the future, and I can't put a date on that dream.  All I know is what house I lived in at the time, so that puts the dream between 1984 and 1987.  Thus the 30 years is almost over.

Looking backward, it seems fairly obvious that that web of intersecting beams of light was the interconnected world of entertainment and information we now enjoy from multitudes of satellites encompassing the earth.  The powers that control this web of stars in the sky are also interconnected and increasingly concentrated.  But their ruler is the Prince of Babylon.

Thankfully, perhaps by the sovereignty of God, the Babylonian system has seen fit to allow the word of God to be spread freely over this network.

What could the end of this thiry-year reign mean?  I don't think this was just a pizza-dream.  What if God were to suddenly cast all those "stars" to the earth as in Revelation 6:13.  That would be bitter irony!

This I Know

What I do know is this - the economic system upon which the world is based is crumbling.  Actually it's on life-support called "sovereign debt" which is the lending system of last resort.  I remember the hypocrisy demonstrated by the US Federal Reserve a few weeks ago, scolding some banks and an insurance company for not having enough capital to survive another economic tsunami.  What if somebody stress-tested the Federal Reserve system?  It still has not been exposed to even as much as a public audit.

When (not if) the next economic tsunami arrives, what defenses does the government have to offer?  There is no amount of money left on earth that could stem that tide.  So how do you prepare for such an event?

What Not To Do
  1. DON'T lay up riches for yourself - these will surely rot and rust (James 5:1).  I have a retirement fund but I think of this as "death insurance", which covers the case that I don't die soon and the world doesn't end.  I want to travel as light as possible while being responsible for my family.
  2. DON'T buy guns and become a survivalist.  This is a difficult thing to imagine, but I don't see the saints of God holed up in a compound shooting anyone who comes for food.  If you have land and are self-sufficient, be prepared to share.  You will be blessed.
A More Excellent Way

A better way to prepare for the very uncertain future is to put your treasure in Heaven (Matthew 6:19).  Keep a very loose grasp on the things of earth, knowing they are temporary and your life is a mere breath.

Get oil for your lamp (be filled with the Holy Spirit) while there is still day.

Most of all, be prepared to stand with Jesus against a tide of chaos and rage that will most certainly come one day (see my earlier post about the third and fourth seal in Revelation 6 here).  That is what I am praying for and seeking with all my heart - to stay true to the Lord through whatever comes my way.

1 comment:

  1. I have a well meaning friend at work who is always telling people to stock up on food, water and ammo for the impending collapse!

    I really like your conclusions much better!

    "A better way to prepare for the very uncertain future is to put your treasure in Heaven (Matthew 6:19). Keep a very loose grasp on the things of earth, knowing they are temporary and your life is a mere breath."

    Truly, truly a more excellent way!

    Feel the love!

    ReplyDelete